My clothes wont dry. If this sounds like you, you may have a problem on your hands. It may be a simple fix or something that requires actual repair. It is important that you have a working dryer that you can actually depend on. If it stops working, you will be unable to complete simple household tasks. The only thing you can do is start off checking the basic things and move on to the more complex issues to try and identify the problem.
Reasons Why Your Dryer Is Not Working Properly
If your dryer wont dry, you can try a few simple tricks to see if it fixes the problem such as:
- Check to ensure the dryer is plugged in: It’s obvious your dryer will stop working if it is not plugged in. This issue is rather noticeable because you won’t have any power. You can also try resetting your dryer to see if that does the trick.
- Too many clothes in the dryer: If you have too many clothes in your dryer it may cause your clothes to not dry evenly. Too many clothes in the dryer at once will wreak havoc on various components of the dryer.
- Inspect dryer vents: In order for your clothes to evenly dry, the air vents need to work properly. Air vents enable adequate airflow through your dryers to dry your clothing. Check your air vents to make sure they are not jammed. You can do this by powering off your dryer and then disconnecting it from the vent. You can then clean the vent screen using a vacuum.
- Check lint trap: If your lint trap is clogged, it may prevent your clothes from drying completely. You can easily clean the trap if you notice that there is too much lint in it. Again, airflow plays a major role in ensuring your dryer and lint trap are working efficiently.
- Inspect drive belt: This is probably more complex. If you are not sure how to check the drive belt, you should contact a professional. However, a damaged drive belt can also keep your dryer from working properly.
- Motor needs to be repaired: The goal of the dryer motor is to rotate the blower wheel to enable air flow throughout the dryer. The motor is also responsible for rotating the drum. A motor that is not working correctly may cause your clothes to remain wet even if you notice your dryer is still getting hot while in use.
- Check control panel: Sometimes your clothes are not getting dry because the control panel on the dryer needs to be replaced. The control panel consists of the temperature and timer on the face of the dryer. If the control panel is damaged in any way, the dryer will not work correctly.
If you are wondering how to fix weak dryer performance, be sure that you try some of the above-mentioned tips. Start with the most basic fixes you can take care of independently. For more complex issues, such as the motor and drive belt, call in a professional.
Categorised in: Dryer Repair
This post was written by admin