Spring is upon us, and it’s the perfect time to cross some items off of your spring cleaning to-do list. In addition to getting rid of some clutter, it’s also a good time to care for your appliances. Cleaning appliances in the spring keeps them looking great and can also extend their longevity and improve their performance and efficiency. Keep reading for some simple spring cleaning tips from an appliance service company in St. Charles County, MO.
Here are some tips to help you get your appliances into great shape this spring:
- Get your dishwasher clean: Dishwashers are designed to clean dishes, but a lot of homeowners are unsure about the proper way to clean these appliances. Thankfully, cleaning dishwashers is actually pretty simple. First, remove any food particles or debris that has accumulated in your dishwasher. Next, fill a dishwasher-safe dish with white vinegar and place it on the bottom rack of the dishwasher. Run the empty dishwasher with the dish of vinegar on the highest heat setting to remove residual debris and food particles and get your dishwasher sparkling clean.
- Freshen up the garbage disposal: Garbage disposals can be very useful appliances, but they can also produce a lot of odor if they aren’t maintained regularly. To get rid of odor from decaying food in the garbage disposal, add lemon peels and ice cubes and run the disposal. If odors are particularly strong, try pouring some vinegar down the drain afterwards. This will help keep the blades sharp and get rid of smelly food particles.
- Clean the microwave: Microwaves often accumulate food particles and grime that can create odor and leave stains. To get your microwave clean, put half a lemon in a microwave-safe bowl along with some water. Microwave the bowl until the water starts to boil, then leave it alone for a few minutes to allow the evaporated water to soak in and loosen residue and grime in the microwave.
- Wipe out the refrigerator: Refrigerators that aren’t cleaned regularly can quickly develop all kinds of bacteria. To keep harmful bacteria at bay, use a disinfecting wipe to clean out drawers, shelves and other surfaces in the fridge. This will improve the way the fridge works and remove bacteria and stains that cause odors.
- Clean the oven: If you’ve noticed that your oven produces a lot of smoke when it’s preheating, it might be because there is too much gunk inside. Cleaning the oven can reduce smoke production and eliminate odors that affect the taste of food while cooking. The best way to clean the oven is by using a specialized oven cleaning product and a scouring sponge to remove stubborn particles.
Contact an appliance service company in St. Charles, MO
If you’re looking for services from an appliance service company you can depend on, look no further than Crews Appliance Repair. We have decades of experience providing repair services to get household appliances in the best working order possible. If you have appliance maintenance and repair on your spring to-do list, our team has the expertise necessary to assist you. Find out more about our services by giving us a call today.
Categorised in: Appliance Cleaning
This post was written by Writer