When you become a homeowner, broken appliances are a matter of “when,” not “if.” Many issues show obvious signs, like a complete breakdown, while some symptoms are merely noisy and annoying. If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to call a prompt appliance repair service in St. Peters, MO. Here are 2021’s most common appliance repair issues:
- Ice maker failures: Ice maker repair requests are more frequent these days because every new refrigerator has one. Reasons for failure include mold, mildew and cheap parts. By the time a repair technician visits to address the issue, the ice maker often requires complete replacement. This job requires a skilled appliance repair service, or you can decide to bypass the work and live without an ice maker.
- Thermostat issues: If your refrigerator or freezer does not maintain a cool temperature, you likely need a new thermostat. The thermostat should maintain a steady temperature throughout your food and freezer compartments. Temperature issues may also arise from the evaporator fan motor, which moves air over the coils and allows the refrigerant to remove heat. That part may also require replacement if you cannot rely on your refrigerator to maintain a good temperature.
- Ignition systems: Gas stoves include an ignition setting that allows you to light the gas and gain heat. If your stove does not ignite, try cleaning the ignitor to ensure it’s not blocked by food residue. If this does not work, call someone to replace it. Until a technician visits, you can light the stove using a fireplace lighter.
- Impeller failure: The impeller regulates water pressure in your dishwasher. If your dishes seem to leave your dishwasher dirtier than when they went in, chances are you have an impeller problem. In advanced stages, this failure leads to water leakage on your floor and into the motor, which eventually kills your appliance. When you start hearing a loud growling noise when your dishwasher runs, call a repair technician.
- Unlocking microwave doors: If your over-the-range microwave no longer stays closed, that is a safety hazard. While microwave ovens are generally safe and secure appliances, that goes away if the door fails to lock. A service technician checks the latches and replaces them to make your microwave safe and useful again.
- Squealing washers: If your front- or top-loading washer squeals while cycling, you need to call someone in to check the belts. Otherwise, you end up with a dead washer and a higher repair bill. Squealing may also be related to the electronic control board, which regulates water temperature, wash time and drum speed. If it fails, you need to weigh the repair cost with the price of a new washer. Often, it is cheaper to replace the appliance.
Crews Appliance Repair is your prompt appliance repair service in St. Peters, MO. Whether your appliance breakdown happens in your kitchen or your laundry room, we offer the expertise to get everything running smoothly again. Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Appliance Repair
This post was written by Writer