If you have a refrigerator that’s acting up, it’s important to take immediate action to make the repairs—otherwise, you risk the loss of all of the food it’s storing. There are a number of common problems that occur in refrigerators, some of which homeowners can deal with themselves, but many of which are best handled by appliance repair professionals from your local refrigerator repair service in St. Peters, MO.
Here’s a quick overview of some of these common problems:
- Refrigerator constantly running: Your refrigerator should only run as needed to keep the inside cool. If it’s constantly cycling, that indicates there’s something wrong with the efficiency of the unit, and it will result in a massive increase to your energy bill. This is frequently the result of too much dust or debris on the condenser coils, so cleaning those coils can help. But if the problem continues, you may have the temperature set too low. Otherwise, you should contact a repair professional if these fixes do not work.
- Water leaks: Water leaks from refrigerators are common. The source could be a blocked defrost drain or frozen/clogged water supply line. If the problem is the defrost drain, you may be able to resolve it by clearing any particles in the way. Run hot water and soap through the defrost drain hose. If the problem is the water supply line, unplug the appliance and close the shutoff valve to inspect the line for breaks or tears. If any are present, you’ll need a professional to come in and make the repairs.
- Water dispenser not working: If your model has a built-in water dispenser, and it’s not working, this could be an issue with a frozen water tub. You can disconnect and thaw the tub. However, there could be some mechanical issues causing the problem, which should be inspected and repaired by a professional.
- Ice buildup in the freezer: While your freezer should always be, well, freezing, there shouldn’t be any ice buildup on the walls or surfaces. This could be a result of leaving the door open too long, or a leak in the seal, which allows humidity to get inside the unit. You can call in a professional to replace the seal or deal with any other issues that could cause an overabundance of ice and frost in your freezer.
- Excessive noise: All refrigerators make a little bit of noise when they’re operating, but if your refrigerator is noisier than it should be, you may need to call out a professional for assistance. The issue could be problems with motors in the evaporator fan or compressor.
- Refrigerator not getting cold enough: If you’re having problems with the refrigerator being warm, your first step should be to check the temperature setting. Otherwise, the problem is likely with the condenser coils, and you should have a professional take a look.
For more information about dealing with these common refrigerator problems, contact Crews Appliance Repair to schedule local refrigerator repair service in St. Peters, MO.
Categorised in: Refrigerator Repair
This post was written by Writer