Why Is My Refrigerator Ticking Like a Clock?
All refrigerators make a little bit of noise while they’re plugged in and running, but that noise should be a slight hum and not a loud ticking sound. A refrigerator making a ticking noise in St. Peters, MO is quite annoying and signifies that something’s seriously wrong with your fridge. Keep reading to learn a few causes of the ticking sound and what can be done to fix it:
- Dirty condenser: If the ticking noise occurs once every couple minutes and the fridge isn’t as cool as it should be, your cooling system probably has a dirty condenser coil. Built-up dirt and grime cause the coil to overload and attempt to reset itself, which creates a ticking sound. Calling a professional to clean the condenser once a year prevents this issue.
- Bad start relay: Your refrigerator’s start relay is part of the cooling system, and if it’s faulty, you’re going to run into some issues. On top of creating a ticking sound, a bad start relay means your fridge will hardly get cool enough to preserve your food. Unfortunately, the only way to remedy this problem is to replace the broken part. A professional technician is the only person who should tackle this job.
- Broken defrost timer: The final reason for a ticking fridge is a bad defrost timer. This is the least serious of the three possible causes, as your fridge should continue to cool your food if the defrost timer is faulty. However, that doesn’t mean you should ignore the situation. Call an appliance repairman to fix your fridge and silence the ticking.
Call our team for repairs!
You can’t live with that refrigerator ticking noise in St. Peters, MO for too long, but you also can’t remedy the problem yourself. These are the reasons to choose Crews Appliance Repair to diagnose and fix your fridge:
- Expert diagnosis: As you can tell, there often isn’t a single possible cause of a refrigerator problem. You need a technician who can diagnose the issue before he gets in and fixes it. We’ve been in business for 40 years, diagnosing and repairing all kinds of different problems. No matter the cause of your faulty fridge, we’re the team to fix it.
- Familiarity with all brands: From Maytag to LG, our professionals know how to fix any make or model of refrigerator or freezer. It doesn’t matter if your GE mini-fridge is ticking or your Bosch deep freezer won’t stay cold—we can get to the root of the problem and repair it.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: When you call Crews Appliance Repair, you can rest easy knowing the job will be done right the first time. As proof of our high-quality work, we offer 100-day warranties for any of the repairs we perform!
Don’t hesitate to call Crews Appliance Repair as soon as you hear a refrigerator ticking noise in St. Peters, MO. Regardless of the appliance repairs needed, we offer free service calls for any repairs over $59. Reach out today to get the help you need!
Categorised in: Refrigerator Repair
This post was written by Writer