Never underestimate the need for dryer vent cleaning in St. Peters, MO! Many homeowners frequently overlook this task and never understand its importance. Once you know to keep your dryer vent clean, you will likely avoid repairs and damage that could even result in an insurance claim. Here are five reasons to pay attention to your dryer vent and keep it clean:
- Avoid a fire hazard: There is no doubt that clothes dryers make laundry easier, but they also make it more hazardous. Lint is highly flammable, and dryers run hot. In fact, the U.S. Fire Administration estimates that 80 percent of home fires are linked to clogged dryer vents. Even if you avoid a fire, a clogged vent increases the possibility of toxic fumes emanating through your home. This is an easily preventable problem that only requires that you perform regular cleaning of your dryer vent.
- Enjoy better drying efficiency: If your clothes start taking longer to dry, it is time to check out your dryer vent. When it is clogged, dryers run less efficiently, and you will notice that this results in longer dry time. If left unaddressed, multiple dry cycles raise your utility bills and place additional strain on your dryer’s heating element. Once unclogged, you will notice shorter dry times return.
- Keep your dryer longer: You want to spend your weekends doing fun things, not shopping for new appliances. As stated above, clogged dryer vents demand more from your heating element because it must work harder to bring heat where it is needed. With every load essentially requiring a double shift, your dryer is much more likely to experience malfunction and even break down completely. If you would rather not replace your appliances frequently, start by cleaning the dryer vent.
- Avoid mold: While it is often impossible to avoid mold entirely in a laundry room, the one place you really do not want it is in your dryer. A functioning dryer vent releases moist air outside and keeps a dry atmosphere in your dryer. If the vent is clogged, moist air stays in your dryer and grows mold in the built-up lint. This can lead to mold contamination in your clothes, and if you have household members who suffer respiratory challenges, this is not a good scenario. Wet lint also makes clogs worse, so when you notice a moldy smell, that means it’s definitely time to arrange for dryer vent cleaning service.
- Easier maintenance: All appliances work better if they are cared for properly, and your dryer is no exception. When you clean the vent regularly, that helps your clothes dry well and reduces your utility bills. It also reduces the need for repairs and maintenance. You will find it works better and you run into problems less often. That is why we recommend dryer vent cleaning at least once a year.
Crews Appliance Repair offers dryer vent cleaning in St. Peters, MO. We will address lint buildup and clogged vents that affect the efficiency and safety of your dryer. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Dryer Repair
This post was written by Writer