You have two choices when an appliance stops working: you can either call a technician to fix it, or you can pay for a new unit. Knowing which route to choose can be tough, which is why we’re here to help! Continue reading to learn a few of the things to consider when deciding between repairing vs. replacing appliances in St. Peters, MO:
- Repair cost: First off, we always recommend comparing the cost of the repair to the cost of buying a new appliance. Repairing is always going to be the cheaper of the two options, so the question is how much If repairs are going to be more than 50 percent of the cost to replace it, we advise buying a new appliance. Be sure to factor in the installation cost on top of the price tag for a new unit.
- Age: The 50 percent rule also applies to an appliance’s age. If the appliance is more than halfway through its expected lifespan, you might want to think about replacing it. Of course, age can just be a number in some circumstances—for example, if you properly maintain your appliances, you can likely expect your items to last a few years longer than the industry average.
- Energy efficiency: Going along with the point above, newer appliances are typically more energy efficient than their older counterparts. You’ve got to think about the big picture, though—sure, you might save a few bucks on your electric bill each month, but splurging on a new appliance might not be worth it in the long run. Speak to your appliance repair technician about how you can ensure energy efficiency with routine maintenance instead of paying for a new unit.
Choose Crews Appliance Repair
DIY repairs are typically a bad idea, and calling the wrong technician can end in a disaster. Here’s why you should always hire our team at Crews Appliance Repair when you’re contemplating repairing vs. replacing appliances in St. Peters, MO:
- One-stop-shop: Unlike many other repair companies out there, we don’t focus on a few select appliances—we fix them all. From kitchen appliances to laundry machines, we have the skills and replacement parts to fix anything that comes our way.
- Dependable results: When you call our experts, you can rest easy knowing that we’ll fix your appliance right the first time. To back that up, we offer 100-day warranties for any repairs we perform.
- Great rates: You’ll never overpay when you call our repair team. On top of charging competitive rates for our parts, we offer cost estimates and free service calls for repairs over $59.
Nobody tops Crews Appliance Repair when it comes to fixing your household items. Whether your fridge won’t stay cold or your washing machine won’t start up, we’ve got all the parts and knowhow to set your appliances straight. Give us a call today to learn more about our services or for more information about repairing vs. replacing your appliances in St. Peters, MO.
Categorised in: Appliance Repair
This post was written by Writer