If you buy and use a lot of appliance parts, it can be tempting to consider aftermarket parts rather than the marked-up OEM products. However, you may be hesitant to ditch the tried and true brand-name product for the unknown quality and longevity of aftermarket parts. After all, you definitely don’t want to end up spending more on returns on appliance parts in St. Peters, MO just because you took a chance on a cheaper part.
How do you know when an aftermarket part is worth it? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The defect rate: The first thing to keep in mind when you’re thinking about choosing an aftermarket product is that these products will have a higher defect rate than OEM branded parts. Think about whether the savings is worth the trouble of a possible return.
- The bulk savings: If you’re buying in bulk, choosing an aftermarket part will save you more than just a couple bucks on one repair part. However, if you do decide to buy in bulk, you may want to try buying just a few of the parts to test them and make sure they’re of sufficient quality first.
- Identical, cheaper parts: Many aftermarket appliance parts in St. Peters, MO are just as good, if not better than brand-name products. In fact, some are exactly identical and just branded differently. Why pay more for exactly the same product?
- Accepting the risk: While some parts may be identical or better than their OEM counterpart, some may be cheap knockoffs. When you decide to buy generic alternatives, you’re taking a chance that it might not be up to the quality you expect.
- Trial and error: If you’re buying and using many parts, it may be very well worth the trial and error that buying aftermarket becomes. If you’re only buying one or a few a year, it might not be worth the headache. Sometimes, it takes a few tries to find the diamonds in the rough.
What’s best for you
Ultimately, choosing cheaper aftermarket appliance parts in St. Peters, MO is about taking chances, and it’s up to you and what’s best for your appliance. Whether you’re up for accepting the risk of defects or low-quality products in order to find the quality generic parts that truly are out there and save hundreds (if not more) on aftermarket appliance parts is up to you.
Here at Crews Appliance Repair, you can find all the quality appliance parts you need, whether you need them installed or want to repair your appliances yourself. With us, you don’t have to worry about questionable quality of parts, as we have already tested and verified the quality of all the products we use. From refrigerator parts and dishwasher parts to washer and dryer parts, we have what you need to get back up and running.
For more information about what specific parts you need for the problems you’re having, or to schedule appliance repair in St. Peters, MO, reach out to Crews Appliance Repair today.
Categorised in: Appliance Parts
This post was written by Writer